Each skin has many different variations in color and pattern, which are referred to as 'styles'. These must all be earned or purchased individually, with varying pricing based on the skin and the rarity of the style. Just like overall skin themes, there are certain styles that repeat across different characters, usually in the form of similar color schemes.
All players start with the basic style for the basic appearance of every Freelancer they own, but are able to unlock new skins one style at a time. No skin is unlocked with every style available and the player must therefore earn each style for a skin individually. Skin styles are earned in a variety of ways:
- The main way is through Loot Matrices - each regular Loot Matrix has a chance to drop a non-event style for a skin.
- Purchasing styles for
- Some featured skins are also purchasable directly for real life currency.
- Events often reward styles of skins that are exclusive to the event.
- Promotional events for the game sometimes rewards exclusive styles, such as the Razer Chroma and some Citadel styles (namely
- This includes Referral rewards.
For styles that can be purchased, the pricing tiers are as follows:
|Golden Age||Golden Age skins are only obtainable through the Ultimate Edition of Atlas Reactor|